Muladhara, The Root Energy Center (Chakra)
Pictured: The Muladhara chakrOMb.
Muladhara, known as the Root Chakra, is located at the base of the spine, or the perineum area. It is the foundation of the chakra system, in which all others build upon. It is linked to all earthly solids, such as our bodies, survival, + materials. Because of this, is happens to be the most dense of all chakras and contains the life-force energy. Muladhara is linked with the sciatic nerve, which acts as a root that travels down through the legs + connects us with the Earth.
- Earth + Saturn
- Survival, grounding, matter, food, security
- Stones: Bloodstone, Ruby, Garnet, + Tigers Eye
- Adrenal gland: known for the "fight or flight" response, produces hormones that help the body cope with physical + emotional stress. Healthy adrenal glands providing grounding, calm focus, + support to the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Sense of smell. Patchouli can assist one in creating an enhanced sense of grounding and stability.
- The color red.
- Pantheons: Gaia, Persephone, Ceridwen, Ganesha, Brahma.
- Animals: Elephant + Ox
- lower back pain
- overly tired
- Physical aggression
- Obsessively sexual
- Red color therapy
Color Wavelength - Frequency: (Everything in nature has a vibration, as does every color. nm = nanometers, THz = Terahertz)
- Red: 740 to 625 nm - 405 to 480 THz
While I want to be informative as possible, I do want to keep these posts short. I want this to serve as a starting point in which you can continue your knowledge of the chakras. If you have any questions, or would like more detail, please leave a comment!